Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Shaun Alexander Thought He Was Playing Auburn On Saturday

Seattle All-Pro running back Shaun Alexander thought he was back in the SEC for a while Saturday after suffering a concussion in the Seahawks win over Washington.

"I looked up and saw Matt (Hasselbeck) on the scoreboard (video screen)," he said. "And I looked down the bench and saw all the linemen gone. I said, 'Did I get knocked out?'

"I was out for about 20 minutes," the former Alabama star said. "For about 20 minutes there, I didn't know if I was me ... or if I was playing against the Auburn Tigers."

I know the former Auburn players (who played against him) appreciate the compliment. I also know they are glad they don't have to face Shaun Alexander anymore.

Click here to read the rest of the story...

No comments: