Friday, August 18, 2006

Random Thoughts On The Tigers

Juco transfer Greg Smith participated in his first practice Thursday. Coach Tuberville says the defensive tackle will work out in shorts for the first three days. Judging by the pictures posted today on ITAT, Smith is very overweight. No, he's just plain fat. He says he's been running a mile each day. I find that highly unlikely. Still, Tuberville expects big things from him. Many compare him to T.J. Jackson. Let's hope he can work himself into shape by the LSU game...

I hope everyone received their season tickets today. I got mine around 5:00 p.m. It felt almost like Christmas morning. I still can't believe what they cost. The first game I attended was the Virginia Tech game in 1975. Ticket price: $7.00...

Jason Campbell looked really sharp Sunday night. He's much closer to being ready than I thought. He was very comfortable on the field and certainly had a presence for a player that is still third string. My guess is the offense will be his by opening day next year...

Coach Tuberville commented at practice this week that this year's freshman group is the best he's seen since coming to the Plains. There's no question that this group is the biggest. Every one of them is big for their positions. It's good to see us adding more size...

Will Muschamp gets more and more impressive each day. I know he hasn't coached a down yet but man he has command on the practice field. He coaches every position out there. I honestly think all the hype about him is true. Time will tell...

Coach Tuberville did a masterful job of handling the Sociology Department issue. I also give props to President Richardson. While it's not completely gone, it does appear to be fading fast...

The recent changes announced for this year's Tiger Walks is disheartening. In case you missed it, Auburn will be lining the walk with a barricade on each side this year. The area where the players walk will be roped off. It appears that the days of patting the players on the back and getting up close are over. My question is why? I don't ever recall an incident taking place during Tiger Walk. It's important not to make rules when you don't need them...

Here are a couple of good Auburn stories I came across today...

Sports Illustrated On Campus (Auburn Overview)

Hunstville Times Article on Will Muschamp

Email us at footballsaturday@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Michael Pigott said...

Damn. His calf is as big as my waist.