Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In the Fourth Quarter Give Me Auburn's Defense

In a feature story set to run this week on AOL Sports, I was asked by the editors to write an article on why Auburn has the best fourth quarter defense in the country. Coming off Saturday's win that was easy. In the feature, they'll be comparing Auburn's unit with others around the country. I'd love to hear your thoughts about our defense...

Defense wins championships. Football fans have heard that since birth. On Saturday, the country saw it with their own eyes. Auburn's defensive performance against sixth-ranked LSU was one for the ages. The Tiger defense stood tall when it mattered most, the fourth quarter.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Without a doubt, I think Auburn has one of the best defenses in the country. I think a lot of it is due to linebacker, Will Herring. He plays his heart out, as evident in the LSU game. In my opinion, Will is one of the best. I love to watch him play. He will be severely missed next year.

Anonymous said...

Give me Auburn's defense... and Tubby's refs.

Anonymous said...

still not as good as Bama though. but good effort tigers, you're making us (Bama fans) proud of our little sister.